Three Treasures series
Shen, radiance of our spirit and flame of our soul
Shen is the most subtle of the three treasures. Often translated as spirit, Shen can also mean soul, mind, character, personality, emotion, charisma, talents or radiance. Shen resides in our Heart and its nature is Fire. Heart health and Shen are therefore closely connected. Interestingly enough Oriental medicine assigns to the Heart many of the functions that we assign to the brain. Concentration for example is a function of our Shen. The separation between mind and heart is of our making!
Shen expresses the refinement of a rough diamond into a precious jewel. It shines like a fire in our eyes and, like a fire, its warmth radiates way beyond its point of origin. Taking care of our Shen means an active mind and a warm loving heart.
The presentation is divided into several sections:
- Understanding the meaning of Shen and its relationship to Heart health
- Tools, such as tongue to assess the health of our Heart-Shen
- Shen as our emotional body
- Common symptoms alerting to Shen and Heart imbalance such as palpitations, chest pain, insomnia, difficulty with concentration, ADD, failing memory or emotional imbalance
- Lifestyle, nutritional and emotional care to reinforce the radiance of our Shen.
- Simple herbal remedies to include in everyday life.
The elegant and practical aspect of Oriental medicine does not negate modern research, on the contrary. The image of Fire for the Heart acts as a powerful guide and is not simply a poetic image. You will discover how ancient wisdom resonates with modern science to offer an updated holistic understanding to lead toward aliveness and vibrancy of spirit. When we understand, we can act. That is the goal of this presentation.
Part 1 Video
Please enjoy Part 1 of the series.